Instructions for authors
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a session speaker at 5th International Sclerochronology Conference
Important Information for Oral Presentation
In order to ensure a smooth performance during your oral session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions:
- Time allocated to oral presentations is 15 minutes, please note that this includes set-up and questions. Due to large number of presentations – please keep strictly to these limits.
- Recomended aspect ratio of slides is 16:9. Other aspect ratios are also supported.
- Be at the session room 15 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairs.
- Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats, and upload it in the Session Room computer no later than 2 hours prior to your session start! You can also bring it earlier, during the coffee/lunch breaks of any days before your presentation. A volunteer will be at your disposal to help you to upload it in the right file in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
- In order to avoid any compatibility problems, read carefully the instructions below.
- For MS-PowerPoint presentations, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee that it will be opened successfully on the on-site PC
- We recommend to use the PPT/PPTX format instead of PPS
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
Important Information for Poster Presentation
The recommended poster size is A0 format: 841 mm width and 1188 mm height.
The poster board is fitted to host a poster of an A0 format. We strongly encourage you to provide a poster of this size and not multiple A3 or A4 individual sheets to fit within A0 size as you will have problems to fix them on the board.
- Poster Session A (Monday and Tuesday)
includes thematic Sessions:
Proxy development: Challenges and Opportunities; Paleoecology and Evolution; Biomineralization; and Growth, Bioenergetics and Ecosystems
- Poster Session B (Wednesday and Thursday)
includes following thematic Sessions:
Environmental Biomonitoring & Entrepreneurship; Fisheries Ecology; Climate and Oceans; and Sclerochronology and Human-Environmental Interactions: Past and present